7.11.2010

Someday My Prince Will Come

Someday My Prince Will Come
Jerramy Fine
Gotham, 2008

I LOVED the title first - it just speaks of my life. And when I saw it on a bargain table, I had to snatch it up. It's a light, easy read that actually does hit on some fairly important/serious issues. The premise is simple: American girl is IN LOVE to the point of obsession with an English Prince (whom she has never met, from the age of 6), and determines she is destined to marry into the Royal Family. The story is her adventures (and misadventures) along the way ... Any girl who has ever indulged in serious daydreams about what life would be like as a Disney Princess will appreciate and relate to Fine's musing and contemplation. I recognized myself in several of her statements - as well as in her revelations (well, maybe not ALL of them, but the more 'universally applicable' ones - if you read it, you'll know what I mean).

Book provided by my personal library.

No comments:

Post a Comment