8.04.2010

Heist Society

Heist Society
Ally Carter
Hyperion, 2010

This is totally not my normal read, but I saw it and decided to pick it up on a whim; the cover and title are fun, and the blurb on the bookflap suggested there might be something I'd at least like to the story. I was quickly whisked away on an adventure unlike any I've been on before. Sometimes taking risks pays off - whether they are simple, like reading something out of your ordinary, or huge risks that put your life and the lives of all those you love best at work, like Kat has to make in the story.

The story was surprising well-written. Fast-paced, with enough action and drama to keep me focused and interested, but not so much as to be overwhelming. Timing was key, because the main story takes place in just two weeks' time. Some of the travel that takes place seems a little far-fetched, but this is a far-fetched story set in a global world. This was definitely a glimpse into a world I can barely even imagine, but - surprisingly - enjoyed. May have to take a few more [reading] risks in the future ...

Book provided by my local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment