3.28.2005

Girls in Pants

Well, if you haven't read the first 2 books in the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series by Ann Brashares, then go out and read them before trying to decipher this. lol...
Following the trend of the previous two (Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants and Second Summer of the Sisterhood), Girls in Pants traces the summer adventures of Bee, Lena, Tibby, and Carmen. The storyline is really good, and I especially love watching each girl conquer her personal demons... I really like tracing Tibby and Lena's struggles. Howevers, I felt it was a bit rushed. There were a couple places that seemed unfinished, and there were several typo's in the quotes that preface the "chapters" as well as within the text itself. (That's another cool thing: lots and lots of quotes). I found myself subconsciously reviewing and examining the mechanics of the writing as I was reading the story... kinda weird, huh? But yeah, its good. I love these books... they remind me of the relationship I have with my girls. When Girls in Pants hits trade paperbacks, it'll be joining my copies of the first two. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment