1.11.2011

Sense and Sensibility Bicentenary Challenge 2011

I've been debating this since I saw it posted, but this is just too good to pass up! Laurel Ann, over at Austenprose, is hosting an amazing challenge to celebrate the bicentennial of Sense and Sensibility! Personally, I find it amazing that Sense and Sensibility is 200 years old! Now then, the details ...

  • The Sense and Sensibility Bicentenary Challenge 2011 runs January 1, through December 31, 2011.
  • I will be participating at the Disciple level, which means I'll be reading/watching 5 – 8 selections.
  •  Every time I post a review, I'll be linking it on the official Challenge post at Austenprose; this verifies my participation as well as enters me for prizes. AND, if you comment on my challenge posts (they'll be marked), you will be entered in the prize drawing too! Fun stuff, right? There are monthly prizes, and a huge grand prize that's drool-worthy: the 12 Sense & Sensibility titles Laurel Ann is reviewing for the challenge, tucked in a Jane Austen tote!
Okay, so now that you're totally curious, here is the list of titles I hope to be reviewing for this challenge. It's highly possible the list will end up changing (and I've got a few 'extra' just in case), but for now, this is what I've got:
  • Sense and Sensibility (Jane Austen)
  • Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters (Jane Austen & Ben Winters)
  • Colonel Brandon's Diary (Amanda Grange)
  • Eliza's Daughter (Joan Aiken)
  • Willoughby's Return (Jane Odiwe)
  • Reason and Romance (Debra White-Smith)
  • The Dashwood Sisters Secrets of Love (Rosie Rushton)
  • The Dashwood Sisters Tell All (Beth Patillo)
  • Sense and Sensibility (1971 movie)
  • Sense and Sensibility (2008 movie)
  • From Prada to Nada (2011 movie)
Now the fun begins! Care to join me? You can sign up for the challenge until March 1, 2001!

1 comment:

  1. Your list is great. I hope that you enjoy them. Thanks for joining. I look forward to your reviews,

    ReplyDelete