1.01.2011

New Books!

One of the things I want to be better about in 2011 is creating these "New Books" posts when I get new books, whether it's a few or a bunch. This was going to be a truly exciting post, with many books thanks to Christmas goodness. But I got to the post office 15 minutes after they closed for the holiday yesterday, so the books are stuck there until Monday. Never fear, next Saturday: a gorgeous post! Until then, here's a taste of what I got for Christmas and found this week:

Tangled soundtrack -- okay, it's not a book. But the story/movie makes me incredibly happy, and now I can listen to the music whenever and wherever I want rather than searching through youTube videos.

The Juliet Club by Suzanne Harper -- saw it on the bargain list, it looked interesting and how can you pass up a hardback book for $2.65?

The Debutante by Kathryn Williams -- sounds like a fun YA read, and also a bargain list find.

The Divide by Michael Bedard -- a Christmas present from my Mum, a picture book 'biography' of Willa Cather with absolutely gorgeous illustrations. This one definitely makes me smile.

The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate DiCamillo -- I love DiCamillo's books, and couldn't leave this at Goodwill.

I also found 2 older rabbit resource/"how to" books at Goodwill.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to read your review on the Juliet Club! I'm a sucker for Romeo&Juliet!

    ReplyDelete