6.02.2010

the summer i turned pretty


the summer i turned pretty
Jenny Han (Simon & Schuster, 2009)

I have seen a lot of reviews about this book, and was very excited when my library finally got a copy (and the sequel, which I'm on the wait list for!). It was worth the wait. It has all the 'warm fuzzy' elements a perfect summer beach read should have - it's even set AT the beach, added bonus - but also has a deeper storyline than just sand and sun. I was a little wary of the sudden flashbacks that appear, but quickly realized they were not detrimental to the story nor confusing. Han did an amazing job of working them is as if they were remembrances brought up in conversation - everything fit at just the right place, and there was an easy transition between past and present. Definitely looking forward to reading the newly-published sequel!

Book provided by my local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment